**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Radiator replacement

Post by mopardwh »

Does anyone know of any radiators that fit good (Other than Sweptline)? I pulled a very nice radiator out of a D500 from the junk yard today, hoping it would fit good because I figured it would be big enough for the big block. But it's huge! It won't even fit with the slant 6 still in (Too tall and deep). My 69 had a different looking radiator that I just put in my 67, but I'm not sure what it came out of. Probably a muscle car but it fit perfect. Does anyone know if the M body radiators fit easily? Or any others? I know it wouldn't be big enough for the BB, but it could get me by while I'm rocking out the slant still.
Doug

chilort
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Cookeville
State: TN

Re: Radiator replacement

Post by chilort »

This is the radiator in mine (and not mounted in a stock way either). You should be able to read the part number on it.

rjmeuer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: St Louis
State: MO

Post by rjmeuer »

I just took the extra radiator holding brackets off of mine and used an old Ford Radiator that had the same tranny inlet line holes. It's almost twice as big as the original. It's not perfect, but it works great. Can't remember the year of the ford, but just took measurements with me to the scrap yard and found one that way.
Ryan, 1967 D100 Long bed with original 383cid B block
--If you support everything, THEN YOU STAND FOR NOTHING!--

Roger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Loganville GA
State: GA

Post by Roger »

I pulled one out of a Ford econoline van. I had to switch the upper radiator hose and notch out the frame because it was too long. I got it at a pull-a-part for 18 bucks I think. It was almost brand new and had three rows for cooling. I measured and it was the closest one I could find at the time. I did have to drill out the sides for the mounting screws and cut off some extra material here and there to make it work.
Roger, '65 4 eyed short bed.

BUCK440
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: SHARPSBURG
State: MD

Post by BUCK440 »

hey there mopardwh what are your plans for that d500 radiator if it wont work in your truck :thinking

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

It's awaiting someone to purchase it. :joker

You interested? It's in excellent shape, and the coolant in it looked brand new. Mounts aren't broken off either. :Thumbsup Just PM me if you're interested.

I ended up repairing one I already have to put in the 65. Although, I'm pretty sure if I need, I can get one out of a diplomat to fit.
Doug

BUCK440
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: SHARPSBURG
State: MD

Post by BUCK440 »

pm sent :Thumbsup