This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
keggers
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Tucson
State: AZ

Hood mounted turn signal indicators

Post by keggers »

Hi guys! I'm sort of new to these Dodge trucks and I just purchased two Dodge trucks that I thought were very cool but I don't know a lot about them. One of the trucks is a 1970 Adventurer that is unmolested and in excellent shape. It has some neat options like the wood grain dash, factory "buddy" seats and it has factory installed little chrome turn signal indicators mounted on the hood so you can tell if you have your turn signal on. I haven't seen these on any other trucks. Is this a rare option for these trucks? My other truck is a 1970 crew cab 2WD that is also all original but not nearly in the condition of the Adventurer. My question on that truck is are the crew cabs hard to find in good condition? I don't see a lot of them for sale. It has an original service bed on the truck and the whole truck has a nice original patina to it. Just wondering how valuable a truck it is as I have no idea. I just bought it cause I thought it was a real cool looking work rig and it was cheap. I couldn't figure out how to post a picture on here but I will keep messing with it (this is my first post on this site)

Roxyflash
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Moline
State: IL

Re: Hood mounted turn signal indicators

Post by Roxyflash »

I had a blue and white top Dodge Adventure 383 auto ps pb had the full trim tailgate with insert had the turn signals on the hood with the center emblem wood grain dash bucket seats those are some beautiful trucks wished mine wouldn't had rusted out so badly

keggers
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by keggers »

Resampled_Image_1384977327240.jpg
[quote="Roxyflash"]I had a blue and white top Dodge Adventure 383 auto ps pb had the full trim tailgate with insert had the turn signals on the hood with the center emblem wood grain dash bucket seats those are some beautiful trucks wished mine wouldn't had rusted out so badly

Very similar to my 1970 I just bought except mine has pen stripping where yours has the side moldings and luckily mine has no rust. Was the white top on yours that factory textured paint or was it smooth white paint?

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Hood signal indicators are somewhat scarce, but not rare at all. I have 4 or 5 sets, both on trucks I own and spares on the shelf.
U do however, have a nice truck in good condition, which is also scarce.
(only 71's had that tailgate trim)

Roxyflash
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Moline
State: IL

Post by Roxyflash »

The blue truck had the smooth white I had a white 69 with black top that was the texture paint I like the mirrors too on your truck I had a 69 d200 same color as yours 318 camper special pb ps was a great truck

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

:welcome You will like it here! You have some nice trucks!

Jim

keggers
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by keggers »

Thanks for the welcome and the information. I'm sure I will be here often asking all kinds of questions and I will post some better pictures when I have some time and the weather is better.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

keggers wrote: I'm sure I will be here often asking all kinds of questions and I will post some better pictures when I have some time and the weather is better.
They have bad weather in Tucson? There is cold and snow on the ground here.

keggers
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by keggers »

LOL! When it gets below 60 degrees we call it bad weather! We did have some rain this past weekend so I don't like to take the vehicles out in that weather if I can help it.