**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Re: another scarebird

Post by nytemuvr »

flyinbrick68 wrote:Ill Have To Check All The Hard Line ThanKs... Had Decent Brakes Not Great Before The Front Disk Swap. If I Have To Ill Ru All New Lines AnD Fittings. My Craftsman Bleeder Is A Po Cant Get It To Seal Right To Use It So May Look Into A Mighty Vac.
I think they may be made by the same company or used to when I went looking for one 20 years ago. You can pressure bleed with them and use it the old time way. I bought a rebuild kit for my Mighty Vac as the seals and O-rings deteriorate over the years. If it's a Craftsman, they should have a rebuild kit at Sears. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi ... fgodYlUAmQ Plastic ones work OK, but the metal ones are better, I'm sure, but they're 3 times as much. Your rear drums may be out of spec if they've been turned a couple of times. My first guess would be the rubber hoses or fittings. If you can hang on for a while, eventually the air will work itself out. Just anticipate your stops and don't tailgate.

flyinbrick68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: north platte
State: NE

Post by flyinbrick68 »

Its The Metal One..i Think The Prob Is The Cheap Plastic Container Doesnt Seal well

flyinbrick68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by flyinbrick68 »

Well Still Cant Get It To Bleed Out NoPedal Narrowed It Down To The Rear Half Some Where Ill Take Off The New Lines I Put On An Recheck TheM. Should Prob OrdeR A New Rear Rubber Line As well

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Why is every word capitalized in your shorter posts and not the longer ones? Lack of proper grammar, punctuation and pathetic spelling makes it tedious and uncomfortable to read for anyone with at least half a brain. I usually wont reply to such posts, even when I know the answer to the problem.

Sounds like your back shoes are not adjusted correctly. If they are not near the drums, it takes several pumps before they will engage. If there is a leak, u will see the fluid running out somewhere and the level in the m/c will drop.

flyinbrick68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by flyinbrick68 »

My Phone Does It Automatically Im Afraid. Wish I Could ChangE ThaT I WoRk Nights Dont Always Have Access To A Comp.

flyinbrick68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by flyinbrick68 »

I will try to work on correcting these discrepancies. Honestly the capitalization was bothering me also thank you for pointing that out.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

flyinbrick68 wrote:I will try to work on correcting these discrepancies. Honestly the capitalization was bothering me also thank you for pointing that out.
Hey!..... Better already!... :Thumbsup
John

flyinbrick68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by flyinbrick68 »

Well i'm all about self improvement so ill keep working on that one. Got some leaks wrapped up today then of course found out that the rubber line in the back is leaking or started to just leak. Seems like things take forever to get for these older trucks if you can find parts i.e. brake lines ect.

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by nytemuvr »

flyinbrick68 wrote:Well i'm all about self improvement so ill keep working on that one. Got some leaks wrapped up today then of course found out that the rubber line in the back is leaking or started to just leak. Seems like things take forever to get for these older trucks if you can find parts i.e. brake lines ect.
Autozone has them.. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/ ... ing=search
Seams to me, if I remember right there may be a copper washer or 2 on that line, may be wrong on that.
O'Reillys too... http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detai ... brake+hose

flyinbrick68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by flyinbrick68 »

Found a new rear brake hose, double checked everything, and finally got to drive Lucy today for the first time in two weeks! Now i just need to scrounge for drums or utilize the 1970 d100 parts truck i bought. I almost hate to borrow the parts from it becausr it drives and rides nicer than my 68.

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by nytemuvr »

flyinbrick68 wrote:Found a new rear brake hose, double checked everything, and finally got to drive Lucy today for the first time in two weeks! Now i just need to scrounge for drums or utilize the 1970 d100 parts truck i bought. I almost hate to borrow the parts from it becausr it drives and rides nicer than my 68.
Those rear drums are not interchangeable I believe. Different part numbers and no '68 rear drums are made anymore or listed anywhere and from what I've read on the website.

flyinbrick68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by flyinbrick68 »

Well that's not promising it means i'll have to take a shot at getting them turned if there's enough material. I guess if that fails i may be doing a whole rear axle swap from the 70 or convert the rear to disks also.

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by nytemuvr »

flyinbrick68 wrote:Well that's not promising it means i'll have to take a shot at getting them turned if there's enough material. I guess if that fails i may be doing a whole rear axle swap from the 70 or convert the rear to disks also.
My '68 rear drums had never been turned, a lot of people don't when they do brake jobs. You might get lucky.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

flyinbrick68 wrote:Well that's not promising it means i'll have to take a shot at getting them turned if there's enough material. I guess if that fails i may be doing a whole rear axle swap from the 70 or convert the rear to disks also.
You could also put an ad in the Parts Wanted section for a set of '70 / '71 backing
plates and just convert the ends of the axle that's in place now. :2cents The drums
and brake shoes / hardware are still available, last I checked. :idea :2cents
John

flyinbrick68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by flyinbrick68 »

thanks guys