**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
W20071
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntsville
State: UT

Replacement Fuel Tank

Post by W20071 »

Does anyone know of a source/part #/instructions for a fuel tank that will fit nicely somewhere between the frame rails of a LWB reg. cab version? I would like to NOT re-install the one in the cab or the side mount ones. I am thinking of grafting a filler neck and fuel door out of a newer model into the side of the bed somewhere. Thanks!

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Re: Replacement Fuel Tank

Post by wally426ci »

If you search up in the right hand corner, you'll see a combination of the later 70's Dodge truck poly tanks and a ford gas tank. :2cents

I can't remember which ford.

40YearOldFury
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Parker
State: CO

Post by 40YearOldFury »

I did a poly tank out of a Dodge lifestyle truck on mine. Inside the driver's side frame rail. Here is my build thread check page 5 about 1/2 way down. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25321&start=80 Good mod I think plus 30 gallons instead of 16.

W20071
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by W20071 »

wally426ci wrote:If you search up in the right hand corner, you'll see a combination of the later 70's Dodge truck poly tanks and a ford gas tank. :2cents

I can't remember which ford.
Thanks, I came across the rear under bed gas tank conversion topic. I hadn't thought about mounting it in the rear but now considering it after seeing some of those.

W20071
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by W20071 »

40YearOldFury wrote:I did a poly tank out of a Dodge lifestyle truck on mine. Inside the driver's side frame rail. Here is my build thread check page 5 about 1/2 way down. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25321&start=80 Good mod I think plus 30 gallons instead of 16.
Thanks, nice job on that. I would like to do a similar setup except for running the mechanical fuel pump and carb.

40YearOldFury
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Parker
State: CO

Post by 40YearOldFury »

W20071 wrote:
40YearOldFury wrote:I did a poly tank out of a Dodge lifestyle truck on mine. Inside the driver's side frame rail. Here is my build thread check page 5 about 1/2 way down. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25321&start=80 Good mod I think plus 30 gallons instead of 16.
Thanks, nice job on that. I would like to do a similar setup except for running the mechanical fuel pump and carb.
If you are running a carb any lifestyle series truck tank (gas) should work. If you get a fuel injection tank just take the fuel pump out of the tank and reconfigure the pickup. I did mine because my OEM tank did not have a return for the EFI and the pickup was not big enough to support the pump. Make sure you grab the mounting brackets when you grab the tank. Getting the tank out of the cab to have some storage and subwoofers behind the seats was another reason as well as having almost double the driving range. I also wanted to keep my spare under the bed since it's a daily driver. So, I guess there were allot of reasons for the swap. Good luck with your swap and hit me up if you need more information!