Factory Tach/ Dash Trim

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Adam
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Los Angeles
State: CA

Factory Tach/ Dash Trim

Post by Adam »

I'm in the process of bringing back my '63 to daily driver status after a five year hiatus under some one else's ownership and have a few questions. I am replacing the light duty gauges with a set of factory heavy duty gauges. I have the correct 5K tach and transmitter; but don't really want to go through the effort of refurbishing them for a daily driver when Sun FZ88R looks pretty damn close. Any one use one of these in the factory panel. Once removed from the cup, does it have have the same mounting studs one the back of the gauge? Additionally does any one know definitively what model year one could get the engine turned trim pieces added to the dash? Thanks in advance for your time.

Adam

robertob
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Brooklyn
State: NY

Re: Factory Tach/ Dash Trim

Post by robertob »

Adam wrote:I'm in the process of bringing back my '63 to daily driver status after a five year hiatus under some one else's ownership and have a few questions. I am replacing the light duty gauges with a set of factory heavy duty gauges. I have the correct 5K tach and transmitter; but don't really want to go through the effort of refurbishing them for a daily driver when Sun FZ88R looks pretty damn close. Any one use one of these in the factory panel. Once removed from the cup, does it have have the same mounting studs one the back of the gauge? Additionally does any one know definitively what model year one could get the engine turned trim pieces added to the dash? Thanks in advance for your time.

Adam

The engine turned pieces were used on non-automatic trucks at least '65 to '68, maybe more years. They are in my '68 brochure.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

robertob wrote:The engine turned pieces were used on non-automatic trucks at least '65 to '68, maybe more years. They are in my '68 brochure.
They were used on automatic trucks as well. They were part of the Custom Interior Package.

robertob
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by robertob »

soopernaut wrote:
robertob wrote:The engine turned pieces were used on non-automatic trucks at least '65 to '68, maybe more years. They are in my '68 brochure.
They were used on automatic trucks as well. They were part of the Custom Interior Package.

I thought that all the guys with AT and trim (like Wally?) made it themselves. Could be wrong though...

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

Nope I just collected a few panels and installed the best one. I added stainless screws in order to blend in a bit. 4 speed in mine as well.

I believe that Chris with the powerwagon crew installed the trim on a round panel face. It comes close but appears to work.
Attachments
with stock black faces.
with stock black faces.
gauges w-bezel.jpg
most recent picture of mine
most recent picture of mine

EarlKann
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Riverside

Post by EarlKann »

[quote="robertob

The engine turned pieces were used on non-automatic trucks at least '65 to '68, maybe more years. They are in my '68 brochure.[/quote]

The gauge panels were available on all the trucks. There is a matching piece that goes on the lower part of the dash that wasn't available with the dashboard auto shifter.

robertob
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by robertob »

EarlKann wrote:[quote="robertob

The engine turned pieces were used on non-automatic trucks at least '65 to '68, maybe more years. They are in my '68 brochure.

The gauge panels were available on all the trucks. There is a matching piece that goes on the lower part of the dash that wasn't available with the dashboard auto shifter.[/quote]

That's the piece I was referring to. I know someone made their own by cutting the MT one, but I don't believe it was avail. with AT.

Adam
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Los Angeles

Post by Adam »

Perfect. Thanks Guys.