Powdercoated my 61 W200 Front axle

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
JPAdventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: the Eastern Plains
State: CO

Powdercoated my 61 W200 Front axle

Post by JPAdventurer »

Its been awhile since I been on, been pretty busy. Since last time I have got My 61 W200 up and running, brake system is completely new, stainless sleeved Brake master Cylinder, clutch master and slave Cylinder. Recently I disassembled my front axle because its ring and pinion had been destroyed from a couple of bolts backed out of the ring gear and broke teeth (Happened before I owned it) I decided to completely go thru it and Powdercoat it, came out nicely especially on the Cast Iron Diff. Cover

Jim :Thumbsup
Attachments
2012-09-30 17.25.22-1.jpg
2012-09-09 17.46.12-1.jpg
2012-09-03 19.07.37-1.jpg
2012-09-03 19.07.13-1.jpg

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Re: Powdercoated my 61 W200 Front axle

Post by wally426ci »

That truck is awesome. :Thumbsup

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Yes indeed! Awesome!
John

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

nice work. love that truck. want to buy another 61? D300. 9 foot box, 19.5 SRW bone stock.

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Post by slick »

Looks nice! Truck has a good look to it..

JPAdventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JPAdventurer »

Thanx guys! :Thumbsup I always wanted a 61 they are very hard to come by Especial PWs according to figures only 258 V8 W200s were built in 1961, this one I bought from the Orginal owners and was loaded! It had been sitting since 1987. To make her a driver she needs the motor freshed up, I can't wait to get it done! Lol

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Kaegi »

the engine colo looks red fromthe bottom. do you have any from the top? I have seen 61s with the Golden Lion color on slant sixes and a Poly W200 that was in kansas. trying to figure out if there was any red that year also. I am thinking your oil pan and clutch inspection cover may have been painted when being serviced. ??

Yellow71
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 80031

Post by Yellow71 »

Way to go Jim!

JPAdventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JPAdventurer »

Kaegi wrote:the engine colo looks red fromthe bottom. do you have any from the top? I have seen 61s with the Golden Lion color on slant sixes and a Poly W200 that was in kansas. trying to figure out if there was any red that year also. I am thinking your oil pan and clutch inspection cover may have been painted when being serviced. ??
Yes the Original color of the motor in mine is red, the pan and clutch cover have been repainted, however the rest of the motor is original. Ill take a pic and post it when I can :Thumbsup

JPAdventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JPAdventurer »

Motor shot, its the original motor never been rebuilt.
2012-12-08 09.12.18-1.jpg

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Kaegi »

thanks, you have dual horns too. only one on my 61. I wonder why some were gold. maybe they ran out of gold paint and switched to red. ;/)
you gonna rebuild the poly?

JPAdventurer wrote:Motor shot, its the original motor never been rebuilt.

raceguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Falls City
State: NE

Post by raceguy »

I love your truck!!

JPAdventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JPAdventurer »

Kaegi wrote:thanks, you have dual horns too. only one on my 61. I wonder why some were gold. maybe they ran out of gold paint and switched to red. ;/)

Idk what they did for motor colors seems they were different, I seen a D200 61 with a turquiose motor. Ya the Lady I bought it from, her Husband bought it brand new on 4/29/61. He wanted it loaded, Its a Custom Cab truck with all the stainless trim, special seat upholstery, dual mirrors, dual horn, radio, throttle control, Sun Tach, and he added a Mark IV A/C unit in the 60's. If you look Behind the left side hood hinge you can kinda see the tach box. I'm going to rebuild the Poly and restore it to the way it came from the factory :salut

JPAdventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JPAdventurer »

raceguy wrote:I love your truck!!
Well thanx! It was just what I was wanting, the color goes great on it! :Thumbsup

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Kaegi »

JPAdventurer wrote:
Kaegi wrote:thanks, you have dual horns too. only one on my 61. I wonder why some were gold. maybe they ran out of gold paint and switched to red. ;/)

Idk what they did for motor colors seems they were different, I seen a D200 61 with a turquiose motor. Ya the Lady I bought it from, her Husband bought it brand new on 4/29/61. He wanted it loaded, Its a Custom Cab truck with all the stainless trim, special seat upholstery, dual mirrors, dual horn, radio, throttle control, Sun Tach, and he added a Mark IV A/C unit in the 60's. If you look Behind the left side hood hinge you can kinda see the tach box. I'm going to rebuild the Poly and restore it to the way it came from the factory :salut
'
do you have any pics of the seat? I have a 65 seat in mine and want to know what they 61s had. my hat is off for keeping it all stock. :salut no need to improve on a poly truck. they tow like a big block.

JPAdventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JPAdventurer »

do you have any pics of the seat? I have a 65 seat in mine and want to know what they 61s had. my hat is off for keeping it all stock. :salut no need to improve on a poly truck. they tow like a big block.[/quote]

My seat isn't done yet but this What the Custom Cab trim seat looks like. It looks like they were mimicing the headlight doors, its about the same size too! Lol I have a piece of the Regular truck seat material somewhere, like your truck would have had. They covered the face of the seat there wasn't a design but its very colorful. Ill look for it.
2012-06-10 16.32.02-1.jpg
Saran interwoven with metallic threads-1.jpg

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Kaegi »

JPAdventurer wrote:do you have any pics of the seat? I have a 65 seat in mine and want to know what they 61s had. my hat is off for keeping it all stock. :salut no need to improve on a poly truck. they tow like a big block.
My seat isn't done yet but this What the Custom Cab trim seat looks like. It looks like they were mimicing the headlight doors, its about the same size too! Lol I have a piece of the Regular truck seat material somewhere, like your truck would have had. They covered the face of the seat there wasn't a design but its very colorful. Ill look for it.
[/quote]

Thanks I hae never seen a 61 seat like that.
do you have a piece of that mateial that is not sun faded? I might be able to find it if you can get me a good sample.

pismopowerwagon
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Caldwell
State: ID

Post by pismopowerwagon »

Your doing a nice job Jim. I love it.

JPAdventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JPAdventurer »

Kaegi wrote:
JPAdventurer wrote:do you have any pics of the seat? I have a 65 seat in mine and want to know what they 61s had. my hat is off for keeping it all stock. :salut no need to improve on a poly truck. they tow like a big block.
Thanks I hae never seen a 61 seat like that.
do you have a piece of that mateial that is not sun faded? I might be able to find it if you can get me a good sample.[/quote]

Ill see when I have a chance if I have a nice piece of material. I got the seat buried now! Lol

JPAdventurer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JPAdventurer »

pismopowerwagon wrote:Your doing a nice job Jim. I love it.
Thanx! :salut. Its been slowly coming together, I have a lot of projects on my hands lol. One of my current projects is a 70 Dodge Crew Cab Powerwagon on a 2003 Ram 3500 Chassis. The 2003 was my dads pride and joy till my sister rolled it! :pale It has a modded Cummins in it and at a ATS dyno event pulled 600hp and made it into Diesel Power Mag. Top ten list of dynos for the event 2 yrs ago .
2012-10-14 11.41.14-1.jpg
2012-11-22 11.22.23-1.jpg