Help!!!

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
64200pshbtn
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: las cruces
State: NM

Help!!!

Post by 64200pshbtn »

hey guys im in need of some help. Its not for my swepty but for my 74 power wagon. Ive had the truck about four months and ive fixed things here and there. well in the last two weeks ive had problems beyond problems. the first was a short in my tail lights that fried my turn signal switch. The second was my speedo cable was shot, i just now got a new one in today. now my speedo is acting up so i was just workin on cleanin that up. Now the real problem is i just test drove the truck to see how the speedo was behaving. I got down the road and then my fuel and temp gauge were all the way up, so i hurried and got home and shut it down, well now my gauges arnt doin anything im gettin way to much power everything it seems, lights signals, fan blower, ect. there is a plug that plugs in to the back of the gauge package that runs every thing it only goes in one way, also it has the two wires for the amp gauge, i made sure those were right. I thought maybe the voltage reg not to sure though i had an extra from a parts truck, but it didnt even get power to nothin at all as far as i could tell so im not sure if its even good. On top of that my speedo still dont work right. If anybody has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it very much so. im gettin to my wits end.
Sherman
64 D200 pushbutton auto trans
66 d100
48 & 49 B1PW power wagon
66 d100 413
62 d100 utiline /6

64200pshbtn
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: las cruces
State: NM

Re: Help!!!

Post by 64200pshbtn »

um i replaced the alt and vlt regulator. Im still getting a little on the high side for volts around 18. no more numbers around 42v to 52. now i was wondering if any one has a wiring diagram for 72 to 76 dodge trucks, this is the one i really need and i would greatly appreciate, if some one could email or post it here. i need to go through the whole wiring system and check everything. The bad thing is i really hate wiring on vehicles. so any help i would be very grateful for. oh and ill post this in the electrical section too.
Thanks again Sherman
Sherman
64 D200 pushbutton auto trans
66 d100
48 & 49 B1PW power wagon
66 d100 413
62 d100 utiline /6