Chevy MC conversion for 66 D200

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
brothermo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Chevy MC conversion for 66 D200

Post by brothermo »

So I decided to convert to the MC/booster combination from a 1976 Chevy C30. I started collecting the parts this weekend, beginning with brake line, fittings, and the MC/booster. Here's my first question: the booster push rod has a male threaded end, but the push rod from the brake pedal assembly on my truck doesn't have the threaded female counterpart. Do I need to go the junkyard and get a pushrod from a 76 Chevy, or are there other ways to handle this? Thanks for the help.

robertob
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Brooklyn
State: NY

Re: Chevy MC conversion for 66 D200

Post by robertob »

brothermo wrote:So I decided to convert to the MC/booster combination from a 1976 Chevy C30. I started collecting the parts this weekend, beginning with brake line, fittings, and the MC/booster. Here's my first question: the booster push rod has a male threaded end, but the push rod from the brake pedal assembly on my truck doesn't have the threaded female counterpart. Do I need to go the junkyard and get a pushrod from a 76 Chevy, or are there other ways to handle this? Thanks for the help.
Just measure the thread size and look at some gm cars, I imagine there are not too many differences. You can buy a new one from one of the hot rod suppliers.

aqmet
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Norcross
State: GA

Post by aqmet »

Take a look at this it shows how I used an all-thread coupler.
Hope it helps.
Mike
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=28606

brothermo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Houston
State: TX

Post by brothermo »

Thanks, fellas. I appreciate the input. I figured out part of the problem - when I unpacked the MC the other day the half of the push rod that receives the brake pedal bolt was hidden at the bottom of the box. It may be a few weekends before I'm able to really get into this project, but I'll let you know how it goes. :salut

robertob
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Brooklyn
State: NY

Post by robertob »

Here's the link to the stuff I was talking about:

http://www.mbmbrakeboosters.com/index.p ... itstart=20