Heater Cores Not Available

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
greendodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: SC

Heater Cores Not Available

Post by greendodge »

Just a note to let everyone know this. I went to O'Reilly auto parts in November and got a quote for a heater core for my '70 D-100. At that time they were in stock at the local warehouse with next day availability. Wellll.... now that it's cold I went back to get one ...NONE in warehouses anywhere and no longer available from factory! That will teach me to procrastinate!! I've also tried Advance (and their other division Car quest) with the same results. There are some on ebay for $88 and up but I've got a new chebby C10 core (still available for 35 bucks) I'm going to try to adapt. I will let everyone know if it works.

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Re: Heater Cores Not Available

Post by 712edf »

1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,
State: AZ

Post by JimE »

Check with Summit and Jegs. Jim
03 Hemi Ram 2500

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by nytemuvr »

greendodge wrote:Just a note to let everyone know this. I went to O'Reilly auto parts in November and got a quote for a heater core for my '70 D-100. At that time they were in stock at the local warehouse with next day availability. Wellll.... now that it's cold I went back to get one ...NONE in warehouses anywhere and no longer available from factory! That will teach me to procrastinate!! I've also tried Advance (and their other division Car quest) with the same results. There are some on ebay for $88 and up but I've got a new chebby C10 core (still available for 35 bucks) I'm going to try to adapt. I will let everyone know if it works.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sx_as?keywo ... 2------5-1

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Butch Romig x 2 :idea :2cents
John

greendodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: SC

Post by greendodge »

Thanks for all the help. The parts store manager showed me the e-mail he got from the factory which stated there were none available and no plans to manufacture more at this time. Now they're out of stock at Amazon too. I suppose when the existing inventory dries up and prices get up over $100 they will magicly become available again?? I used a new (still available for under $40) heater core from an 84 c-10. It was the same size so I soldered the brackets from my old one on ~ tweeked the inlet/outlet tubes a bit and voila cheap (new) heat!

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda

Post by nytemuvr »

greendodge wrote:Thanks for all the help. The parts store manager showed me the e-mail he got from the factory which stated there were none available and no plans to manufacture more at this time. Now they're out of stock at Amazon too. I suppose when the existing inventory dries up and prices get up over $100 they will magicly become available again?? I used a new (still available for under $40) heater core from an 84 c-10. It was the same size so I soldered the brackets from my old one on ~ tweeked the inlet/outlet tubes a bit and voila cheap (new) heat!
Amazon says they have one left as of 3/8/15. Might be a return or inventory mistake.

Handygun
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: St. Louis
State: MO

Post by Handygun »

You could have a radiator shop fab one up

dogma44
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: nipomo

Post by dogma44 »

heater cores are just little radiators. I have installed/modified "other" cores to fit. you could too.