Atlanta area guys, let's get together on April 30th

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Atlanta area guys, let's get together on April 30th

Post by Russ »

Atlanta area guys, or anyone else. Russ Roth is making his annual trip South this coming week and we are planning to get together at my house on Saturday April 30th. We have done this for a few years now and it always fun to talk trucks or anything else that truck guys might want to talk about. I'll furnish the drinks and eats so all you have to do is come. Just drop by anytime after about 10:00 that morning. Let me know if you think you might come so I'll know how much food and drinks to stock up on. You can PM me or email me at ashleys4@bellsouth.net or respond to this thread. Hope to see some of you here.

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Re: Atlanta area guys, let's get together on April 30th

Post by RussRoth »

I'll plan on being there! :lol: :lol: :salut

RR

chilort
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Cookeville
State: TN

Post by chilort »

I'll be there!

chilort
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by chilort »

Well, Russ A. Thanks for having us. It was a very nice afternoon.

Russ R., hope you made it home safety and it was certainly nice to meet you.

We need to get more Swepline folks together more often.

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

I definitely enjoyed myself. Russ R. comes every two years so we need to figure out how to get more of the guys together next time. We don't have to wait two years though.

chilort
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by chilort »

Russ A., any time you are feeling nostalgic and want to work on an old Swepty you just let me know. Goodness knows I've got projects to work on. Which reminds me, what did you use for caulking when you replaced the caulking on your drip rail?

Some major projects I need to tackle are:
1) Rebuild "new" front suspension and replace "old" front suspension (I still need to get the springs redone).
2) Fix the rust in passenger side floorboard area
3) Chip out and replace drip rail caulk
4) Chip out old rear window seal and replace (it leaks)
5) Box in frame where I cut out the extra cross member and remount e-brake hardware
6) Convert rear brakes from truck brakes to big B-body brakes

Maybe we should have had a working party instead of a social gathering. :lol:

Russ R., I enjoyed wearing my new Portland Firefighters t-shirt today. Thanks!

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

chilort wrote: Russ R., I enjoyed wearing my new Portland Firefighters t-shirt today. Thanks!
Glad you're enjoying it. I won't give one to just anyone. :salut I had a a great time and want to thank Russ for once again being kind enough to host a get together for us. I hope to be able to attend the same reunion 2 years from now. The vote was to have it @ Ft. Benning again although there are a handful who don't like having it at an Army post even though our old Battalion is assigned there. I kind of like it myself since we get treated like royalty and are able to meet people and see and do things many never have the chance to do. Thanks for the ride in your rig. It did very well. Have you gotten it all sorted out or not?

chilort
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by chilort »

RussRoth wrote:
chilort wrote: Russ R., I enjoyed wearing my new Portland Firefighters t-shirt today. Thanks!
Glad you're enjoying it. I won't give one to just anyone. :salut I had a a great time and want to thank Russ for once again being kind enough to host a get together for us. I hope to be able to attend the same reunion 2 years from now. The vote was to have it @ Ft. Benning again although there are a handful who don't like having it at an Army post even though our old Battalion is assigned there. I kind of like it myself since we get treated like royalty and are able to meet people and see and do things many never have the chance to do. Thanks for the ride in your rig. It did very well. Have you gotten it all sorted out or not?
It was certainly nice to sit and talk. We're pretty much always on the run these days with little time to sit and be sociable.

And speaking of running too much, this last week was the last week of school and the start of finals. All I've done is order parts since Summit didn't have what I wanted in stock. It is okay though since that keeps papers and exams from competing for time with the Swepty.

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

"Russ A., any time you are feeling nostalgic and want to work on an old Swepty you just let me know. Goodness knows I've got projects to work on. Which reminds me, what did you use for caulking when you replaced the caulking on your drip rail? "

I used 3M seam sealer over POR-15. It's not a quick job to do it right. I removed the stainless drip rail trim and chipped out all of the remaining calk. Then I wire brushed it and painted it with POR-15. When that dried I put in the seam sealer, trying to get it about the same thickness as the factory did it. I had the truck painted before putting the drip rail trim back on. As a final measure I used clear silicone to seal between the trim and drip rail because it's almost impossible to get the trim back on with out scratching the paint on the top of the drip rail.
I definitely know about having projects to work on. You saw my Ch$$y so you know I have my work cut out for me. (I used the dollar signs because that reminds me of how much I've already spent and it's no where near done, LOL). I have found something a Chevy does better than a Dodge, though......RUST.

Russ R. As usual, it was great seeing you and we enjoyed the visit. Definitely keep us on the list of places to visit when you are out this way. Also, thanks for the T-shirt.