Thoughts on a '71 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4...

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
kickinkz

Thoughts on a '71 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4...

Post by kickinkz »

I'm in the fire department in New Holstein, Wisconsin and we've got a '71 Dodge we are looking at putting up for sale in the near future. It's in near pristine condition, set up as a brush rig. We haven't decided on how to sell the truck, with or without the skid unit in the back which contains our water tank, pump, and other various and assorted goodies. What I'd like to find out is what kind of interest we can generate in this truck. Has a brush guard and a winch mounted on the front. The truck has spent most of it's life stored indoors except for practices and fire calls. It has a standard transmission with a V-8 to power it... I'm not sure on the engine size, I've heard a couple numbers, but haven't seen anything specific- I can find out for sure... Maintained by the City of New Holstein and this truck was purchased new by the fire department. I can send more pictures to anyone who may be interested, just post to this message or PM me and I can send them to you....
christmas2003 32.jpg
christmas2003 31.jpg
Thanks!
Phil

steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Thoughts on a '71 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4...

Post by steven »

Oh my gosh. I just wish I was on that side of the state to just look at it, I cant afford it. If that thing looks as nice as it is, I would sell all my swept stuff in a second for that truck, just beautiful. :clap :Thumbsup
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Post by Rodger »

Hola Wisconsin Fire Department Person

Two and one half years ago my nephew in Mont purchased an like fire truck there. The local department retained the like equipment in the rear of the truck. His 1967 Dodge W200 ( aka 3/4 ton 4x4 ) with some 60 thousand miles was an even $500 .

I just spoke with Marcus in Stevensville and he stated his has the same tranmission assembly as the one you are speaking about.

Rodger & Gabby
COS
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Wow that is one nice truck!!! If I had to guess at a price I'd say about $4000+. Engine size... well it would be a small block 318 (distributor in back), or big block 383 (distributor in front).
Good luck!
Doug

kickinkz

Post by kickinkz »

Thanks for the input guys...the truck has right around 10,000 miles on it...I can doublecheck that also....I've heard both numbers on engine size, now I'll know for sure.

Later
Phil

motomatt383
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Durham, NC
State: NC

Post by motomatt383 »

that is a right nice truck!!! regardless of the engine size, pricing it is gonna be tough. what it should be worth & what it ends up selling for are usually a mile apart. $4000. is an optimistic thought. i personally feel its probably worth every penny of it, but in reality if it sells it will most likely be in the 2500-3000 grand range. i'm just basing that on what i've seen stuff sell for and what i've not seen sell that was asking $4000 or more.

matt
'70 D-100, Ruffin,plum crazy/wht top,5.2 magnum.
'70 Roadrunner
'40 Dodge coupe
http://community.webshots.com/user/motomatt383
http://www.myspace.com/70runner

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

The estimates I've seen here seem low to me. I'll bet that truck would go way past $4K on Ebay if it's as nice and rust free as it looks. I've seen two nice W100's, a 62 and a 64 go over $10K, and they both had way over 10K miles.
1969 Adventurer W100

kickinkz

Post by kickinkz »

I stopped on my way to work this morning...it's got a little over 8900 miles and does have a 318- distributor is in the back. The bed has a spray in liner, and skid plates underneath if I remember right. Tires are in great shape with plenty of tread. I'm not sure if we have the tailgate for it though. I would have to do some checking in on that, it's possible it's at the city garage collecting dust....

Later
Phil

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I think ebay would give you the most exposure for selling it. You can always put a reserve on it to try to get what you want for it but if it is too high it just wont sell. Some people are willing to pay top dollar for really nice Sweptlines. I would think you could easily get more that $4000 and maybe a lot higher. $10000 wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

kickinkz

Post by kickinkz »

That's what we were thinking about doing again....Our department bought a Pierce 100' aerial truck last year to replace 2 of our old trucks...one was a 66 International pumper, the other a 50' Tele-squrt on a Ford Chassis....No one thought the International was going to bring in much money....it brought in a lot more than we thought....we thought the Squrt would bring in more....that one didn't bring much more than the International....like it was said before, it all depends on the market and who is looking at that particular moment...

Later
Phil

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Post by slick »

I would personally keep in the family of firefighters. Hey guess what I'm a firefighter and I could probably take it off your hands :lol:
1963 Crewcab Cummins
1961 Dodge D100
1964 Dodge Polara

muddyoldman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: spencerville IN

Post by muddyoldman »

Any chance we could see more pictures? maybe the front bumper and spot light mounting. I would love to see my W200 w/ a front bumper like that.
1968 W100 SB 4-speed 318
1968 D200 Custom Camper Special 4-speed 318
2000 Ram 2500 LB 4x4 5.9 auto.
2011 VW Jetta- wifes
2004 Stratus
2008 Avenger R/T

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

I'd like to see some interior pics, plus cab, interior and bed pictures.

Is any of the pumper equipment being sold with the truck, or is everything in the bed being re-utilized on another brush rig?
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

kickinkz

Post by kickinkz »

No problem on the pictures....probably won't be until tomorrow night before I get them taken. As far as the skid unit in the back, it's up in the air right now....the officers need to discuss whether they'll selll it all as one, or sell the skid unit and truck separate. It's possible another fire department may pick up the entire rig also....we sold our tele-squrt to a department in Tennessee last winter...our other pumper went to a resort in northern Wisconsin to be used as a front line engine because the closest fire dpeartment was 20 minutes away....

Later
Phil

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

Beautiful truck. Location also plays a big role. Washington and Colorado seem to be swimming in Swepts, not quite so in Missouri. I would have been interested up to about $5000 if it were 2 years ago when I bought my 71 Adventurer. My 70 Crew was used for Fire Fighting in South Dakota for about 10 yrs, after retiring from the Air Force, makes great conversation.

kickinkz

Post by kickinkz »

Ya, I've only seen another truck like it in the immediate area...problem around here is the salt in the winter....nothing lasts long up here...

Later
Phil